Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful for another wonderful Thanksgiving~

Another wonderful Thanksgiving to remember! The table was small and intimate this year. We had fun playing our customary Thanksgiving Trivia. You'd think we would have all them all memorized by now but honestly, could you remember when the Pilgrims signed the Mayflower Compact?

The turkey came out perfectly roasted and juicy:

I made my favorite Cranberry-Cherry Relish:

Another customary dish in my home is Brussels Sprouts Souffle. Even if you hate Brussels sprouts, you will love this dish:

The obligatory and oh-so-good pumpkin and apple pies served with freshly whipped cream and a local favorite, vanilla custard ice cream:



After dinner, we all felt like joining our Thanksgiving house guest on the sofa! We're taking care of him while our good friends are traveling over the holiday ;)


My Thanksgiving Menu:

Oven-Roasted Turkey with My Mother's Stuffing
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash
Braised Rapini with Garlic and Red Pepper
Holiday Mashed Potatoes
Lynn's Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
Brussels Sprouts Souffle
Cranberry and Dried-Cherry Relish
Pumpkin and Apple Pies made with Infallible Pie Crust

17 comments:

  1. Love that face!

    Your Thanksgiving menu is awesome, Susan! Not to mention gorgeous! Now you have me craving Turkey and all the sides all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a wonderful spread!! Glad you had a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful Susan..gorgeous. Love your little visitor too. Wish I lived in your town :-) Jigs might like to come stay at your house too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birdie is prize winning ..:) Beautiful table and food..How blessed are we all?

    Grateful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your food sounds super delicious! I can't wait to check out the stuffing and sweet potato/squash recipes.

    That dog is adorable. Nothing like a cutie to make your Thanksgiving that much better.

    The first thing that popped into my head when I read your trivia question was: in fourteen hundred and ninety-two...

    Which has absolutely nothing to do with Thanksgiving or the Mayflower. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great recipes! I must try this Brussels sprout soufflé!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderufl menu! Fantastic Photos! Everything looked wonderful... and what a sweet house guest!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY...what a gorgeous turkey! And your Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we are all blessed.
    Your table and food look wonderful!
    Now about the sofa decoration..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, what a beautiful feast! I love the platter that Mr. Turkey is sitting on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I never thought of cranberries and cherries. What a wonderful idea! Your turkey looks wonderful, and your table is absolutely gorgeous.

    ...so how many scraps did the houseguest eat??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Thanksgiving feast!
    What a super photo of your turkey. I like the cherry/cranberry relish. Think I will try that next year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, what a lovely Thanksgiving meal. Everything looks and sounds delicious. Thank you for linking the recipes. We love the make-ahead gravy ... certainly simplifies the pre-meal rush.

    What a lucky little visitor to get to spend Thanksgiving with you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Loved your Thanksgiving post! We are truly blessed. Come by and visit: www.bcpmylife.com I have several holiday posts'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessed is saying everything!
    Your table is gorgeous and the turkey is perfection!
    NEXT year we'll see lil Mack choppin on a leg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful looking turkey if I have ever seen one! Great centerpiece in the white pumpkin too :) Your menu sounded perfect - sorry I'm late to the celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly a NO CODE blog :) Because I appreciate your comments and want commenting to be easy, I refuse to add the DREADED codes. Instead, I turned off Anonymous comments due to spam. If you need to contact me regarding a recipe, please use my email address found under 'About Me' in the tool bar at the top of the page.